Who you spend time with is the person you become… So who are you? Who do you wish to be? Are you happy with this person? If not are you ready to be?
Here are 5 ways to help you choose:
1. Value: Does this person add value to your life? Do you add value to theirs? Do they push you and drive you to be the best version of yourself? Skip the pool, head outside of your comfort zone and dive right into the ocean, the world is your oyster, people.
2. Mindset: Does this person have a focus forward mindset, continuing to grow, learn and exceed what’s comfortable. If you’re not growing you’re dying. Positivity and optimism will set a platform for creativity and success.
3. Integrity: If you question your authenticity when you’re around this person, or the person you view yourself to be and the person you portray in their presence is different, ask yourself why this is?
4. “Get” vs “have” the complainers, or the negative mentality consumes the mind. Choose to surround yourself with those who “get” to go to work, “get” to go to the gym, “get” to smell/see/hear/feel the world around them. You “get” to experience life, don’t have the “have” to go through life mentality.
5. Goals: choose to surround yourself with aspiring and driven individuals. Going out to the bar/club and getting trashed every night, and spending majority of the following day sleeping off your pain and misery does not cultivate productivity, perseverance, or positive state of mind.
You are capable of achieving greatness. Change your brain, and you can change the world. Surround yourself with winners and you will win.